You know how sometimes your brain gets a little full trying to remember all the stuff you need to do? Well, that’s what happened to me today.
Now that I’m feeling much improved -hooray! – my brain keeps kindly reminding me of all the tasks/jobs/errands I haven’t been able to do for the past couple of weeks and they seem to be building up rapidly. So, instead of trying to keep them all in my head, which feels a little like spinning plates, I chose to write myself a to do list.
The only problem with this was that by the time I’d finished, I had a huge, long list that not only looked rather daunting, but also left me feeling decidedly overwhelmed. Hmmm…not good!
But, then I remembered something I had read about in an Abraham-Hicks book that makes writing a to do list much more manageable.
This is how I did it:
- Found a piece of paper and a pencil.
- Drew a horizontal line down the middle of my piece of paper to divide it into two columns.
- At the top of one column, I wrote: Things For Me To Do
- And at the top of the other column, I wrote: Things I’m Handing Over To The Universe To Do.
- I then divided up my tasks – making sure to just select a few tasks I know I’ll be able to get done easily for my side of the list and handing the rest over to the Universe, after all that’s what delegating is all about. 😉
You can give your columns any titles that feel good for you.
Not only was this process a lot more fun, but it also helped me to relax about all the stuff that I need to do and just trust that it will get done. Result! 😀
Day 318, Reason 318: Today I am so happy and grateful to have total faith that the Universe will help me get through my to do list easily and effortlessly.
If you have enjoyed reading my posts and following me on my journey to find 365 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful for 365 days, maybe you would be kind enough to sponsor me for a small amount of money.
100% of all donations goes directly to Save the Children.
Save the Children works in 120 countries around the world, saving children’s lives, fighting for their rights and helping them to fulfil their potential.
You can donate using your chosen currency through my Just Giving page. Please click on the tab below:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
47 days to go of The Pollyanna Plan
47 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find….not long now!! 🙂