Last night, with my body fighting off yet another cold/flu type bug, I decided that enough was enough and it was time to bring out the big guns.
Instead of just sitting back and waiting for my immune system to do it’s thing, I chose to give it a little helping hand and together we are kicking butt! 🙂
The full scale offensive went a little like this:
- Hot bath with a few drops of tea tree oil in it to help clear sinuses and encourage sweating … gross I know, but it did the trick and my low grade fever broke.
- Playing the Gratitude Game in the bath – giving thanks out loud for all the great things in my life.
- Carrot juice – helps to fight infection and cleanse the liver.
- Vit D supplement – essential immune system ammunition
- A multivitamin (gluten, dairy, egg, soy free, of course) – more immune system ammunition
- A Magic Brew
The Magic Brew is a super immune boosting concoction. It might sound (and taste) a little yucky, but it works wonders.
Magic Brew – copyright https://thepollyannaplan.wordpress.com
Here’s the secret recipe:
- Chop some garlic and ginger into small pieces and add to your favourite mug or cup.
- Pour in boiling water and leave to stew for a few minutes.
- Add fresh lemon juice.
- Add a generous spoonful of honey, preferably Manuka Honey for it’s antibacterial properties.
- Drink with a smile! 🙂
And you know what? I’m feeling better than I did yesterday – Yippee! Same again today, I think!
Day 246, Reason 246: Today I am super grateful for my magic immune boosting brew and all the other wonderful things that are helping my body restore itself to perfect health and wellness.
Oh and I’m also really so very happy and grateful that Michelle mentioned me in her brilliant blog post today – Dancing With Polly(anna). Thank you Michelle! 🙂
September Juicing Challenge Day 27, Juice 27- More carrot and apple juice.
119 days to go of The Pollyanna Plan
119 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
If you would like to sponsor me on my journey to find 365 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful for 365 days, by making a donation to Save the Children, I would be extremely grateful.
You can donate using your chosen currency through my Just Giving page (please click on the tab above.)
ALL donations go directly to Save the Children. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.