“… there is something about everything that you can be glad about, if you keep hunting long enough to find it.”
― Eleanor H. Porter, Pollyanna
Having given away half of my wardrobe over the past few months, I’m now left with nothing to wear. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I’m definitely short on clothes to suit the change of season or to leave the house in!
This morning, I woke up bright and early with a little more energy, so I roped my Mum into taking me to the shopping centre on a mission to buy some new clothes. I was prepared to shop till I drop (well, sort of) and had pictured in my head coming away laden with loads of shopping bags.
Only when we arrived, there was absolutely NOTHING I liked or wanted at all. I am definitely a summery clothes kind of girl – I like COLOUR!! But, all the clothes in the shops today were black or grey or beige. 😦
They were also what I like to call “grown up lady” clothes – you know the sort I mean? Smart shift dresses, chiffony type shirts and tailored trousers (all dreary colours.)
I’m 34 now and I know it’s probably high time I did grow up, but quite frankly I really don’t want to and I never want to wear grown up lady clothes, even when I’m 99 1/2! 🙂
So, now I’ve set the scene, let me tell you about all the great reasons I found for such an unsuccessful shopping trip!
- The fact that I felt well enough to leave the house and actually go shopping is a HUGE, MASSIVE reason to feel grateful.
- I really enjoyed the drive to and from the shopping centre – there’s always plenty to see when you’re out and about.
- I felt so happy to be wandering around the shops like a “normal” person…well, almost!
- Now I’ve seen loads of clothes I really DO NOT like, I’ve got a clearer idea of what it is I’m looking for.
- The only thing I bought was a pretty lilac t-shirt for 1 Euro! Bargain or what?!
- I saved myself loads of money by only buying said t-shirt for 1 Euro.
- I’m now feeling inspired to make myself some clothes.
Day 244, Reason 244: Today I am very happy and grateful for an extremely unsuccessful shopping trip! 🙂
September Juicing Challenge Day 25, Juice 25 – A carrot juice again!
121 days to go of The Pollyanna Plan
121 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
If you would like to sponsor me on my journey to find 365 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful for 365 days, by making a donation to Save the Children, I would be extremely grateful.
Just £5.00 pays for enough Plumpy Nut to treat a severely malnourished child for 3 months, in one of Save the Children’s feeding programmes.
You can donate using your chosen currency through my Just Giving page (please click on the tab above.)
ALL donations go directly to Save the Children. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.