When it comes to chronic illness, there are days, like today, when dark clouds block out your sun. I still have a fever, I’m exhausted, achey and generally feel rubbish. Added to this, my hair has started falling out in handfuls…again. Something I am not best pleased about.
I’m not able to go out, walk the dogs or do much of anything and, I have to admit, that it’s been harder than usual today to take my focus off the black, thunderous clouds that have been following me around.
So, I decided to play a little game, that I’ve named, “Hunt The Silver Linings.”
The rules are as follows:
1. Absolutely NO looking at, or thinking about clouds i.e any negative thoughts or feelings and/or symptoms, and definitely NO, NO “facing reality.”
2. Start with hunting for an easy to find silver lining. – I can assure you, there is definitely one out there that isn’t very good at this hiding game and can’t wait for you to find it.
3. Once you’ve found your first silver lining, go with the momentum and start hunting for your next one.
4. Repeat Step 3 until you have a collection. You may also find at this point that you have also found your smile. 🙂
5. Give thanks to each and every one of your newly found silver linings.
Here is my collection for the day that I found behind those pesky clouds.
If I didn’t have this illness, I would never have started The Pollyanna Plan and I would never have…
- … raised £377.99 for Save the Children. Yes, that’s right, by far and away the biggest silver lining today is that last night, another very generous person sponsored The Pollyanna Plan, by making a donation to Save the Children. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yipppeeee!
- … found all you lovely WordPress friends, whose support, kindness and encouragement is invaluable to me. Big thanks and a huge hug to you all.
- .. got a couple of new followers to The Pollyanna Plan today – Big thanks and a hello wave to you too.
And, if I wasn’t feeling ill today, I would never have been stuck in bed, with lots of time on my hands…
- …to message my lovely friends.
- …to create a new design for my online shop from my bed, which I’m really rather pleased with!
- …to network on my Facebook business page.
- …to give myself a Reiki treatment.
- …to rest and recuperate.
- …to play The Gratitude Game.
- …to visualise my dream life.
- …to invent Hunt The Silver Linings.
Hang on, let me just check (goes to the mirror to have a look.) Yep…that’s definitely a smile on my face! Mission accomplished. 🙂
Day 185, Reason 185: Today I am so grateful for all the silver linings in my life.
Oh and here’s a silver lining from yesterday evening. Yucky, cloudy day = GLORIOUS sunset. I rushed out into the garden to snap this pic, before heading back to bed.
180 days to go
180 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
… WE DID IT! We raised £365 for Save the Children in just 178 days – Truly amazing – And now our total stands at £377.99!!!
Let’s see how much MORE we can raise together in 365 days.
Even a small donation goes a long , long way:
Just £0.31 buys 8 sachets of Oral Dehydration Salt for a child suffering from dehydration.
If you would like to sponsor me and The Pollyanna Plan, please click on the tab below. You can donate using your chosen currency and ALL donations go directly to Save the Children.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.