“If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”
― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
Although Day 137 of The Pollyanna Plan hasn’t been particularly eventful, I’ve realised something really significant today that I’d like to share with you.
In days gone by, before the start of The Pollyanna Plan, I would have classified a day such as today, as a “bad day.” Not that the day itself is in anyway to blame, but any day where I’m feeling physically worse (exhausted, groggy, brain fog, aches and pains etc) was not a good day in my book.
Today was one of those days, but (and this is a big BUT,) instead of focusing on all the negatives, I’ve noticed that without even having to think about it, I’ve been focusing a lot more on the positives.
Here are some great things about today:
1. I did 5 minutes of meditation this morning – first time in ages. I really must try and get into it!
2. I had a shower and washed my hair – believe me, there are some days when even this is a struggle.
3. I sold another item through my online shop (horrah) and I packed it up ready to post tomorrow.
4. I helped my Mum sort through some stuff that has been stored away for years – we’re taking the first steps towards selling our house!!
5. I gave myself a Reiki treatment while I had a rest this afternoon.
6. I’m able to write this blog post.
7. Although I’m not feeling too well, I’m no where near as bad as I have been in the past.
8. I have faith that I shall heal completely.
And when you look at it like that, today has actually been a pretty good day! 🙂 It’a all a matter of perspective!
Day 137, Reason 137: Today I am extremely thankful for my new found perspective on life.
228 days to go
228 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
£238.68 to raise for Save the Children to reach my target of £365.
If you would like to help me reach this target by sponsoring The Pollyanna Plan, the money you donate will go directly to Save the Children, who work in 120 countries around the world, saving children’s lives, fighting for their rights and helping them fulfil their potential.
I would be so grateful for any donation, no matter how small.
Please click on the tab below to sponsor me today:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.