Gutted! – Not the most positive of starts for a blog post, but it sums up exactly how I felt this evening. Just when I thought I might be getting the hang of this law of attraction business, stuff went wrong. 😦 Here’s a quick summary of what happened…
- You may remember me being super excited a few days ago when I wrote a post about the power of the Universe to come up with solutions.
- I had an enquiry about an item in my online shop from a customer living on the other side of the world, who wanted the item delivered within a short time frame.
- Unfortunately, it wasn’t possible to guarantee delivery before the deadline, but I was in such a happy mood that day, that instead of being disappointed, I just felt grateful that someone was interested in buying from my shop in the first place.
- So, I was completely amazed to receive a reply from said customer to say that her husband would be in Europe this week and I could send the item to him instead. I was overjoyed and celebrating the awesome power of the Universe to work out the “hows” for me.
- Now to be fair to me, the customer then didn’t pay for the item for a few days, so I wasn’t able to send it straight away, but it still had plenty of time to reach her husband before he returned home.
- I checked up on the progress of the package a few days ago and was dismayed to find that it had only just left this country.
- So, I made a big effort to turn my feelings around and visualised how happy I would be when I received an email from the customer saying the package had arrived in time.
- This morning, I checked on the package again. The customer’s husband leaves the hotel (and the country) tomorrow, so I was delighted when the website showed the package had arrived. I mean seriously, I was jumping up and down shouting “yippee” for everyone to hear.
- Then, this evening I received an email from the customer saying the package had in fact NOT been delivered.
- Many phone calls later, I discovered that is has been delayed and who knows where it is!
I can’t tell you how gutted and exasperated I felt. I hate letting people down. And I’m not too thrilled about losing money, as I will give the customer a full refund. I also felt disappointed that I obviously still have A LOT to learn in terms of the Law of Attraction.
BUT, then I remembered the wise words of Abraham Hicks about how to change your feelings from negative to positive by reaching for a better feeling thought. It’s a great way to turn your feelings around, as you only have to focus on finding a thought/feeling that is slightly better than the one you are currently experiencing, rather than becoming overwhelmed at the thought of trying to feel happy when you’re anything but.
Here are the thoughts I chose instead of the crappy feeling ones:
- The situation is not my fault.
- I’ve done the very best I can for my customer and there is nothing more I can do.
- It’s not the end of the world (no one has died – always a good reminder) and I will give the customer a full refund so hopefully she won’t be too upset.
- The receptionist at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.
- I may be able to get some compensation from the postal service…maybe.
- There’s still a chance that the customer’s husband will receive the package tomorrow morning, if he is not checking out early.
AND the very best thing to come out of all this, and my reason to feel glad/happy/joyful today is:
Day 111, Reason 111: Today I am so grateful that I am learning to chill out.
In the past, I would have got very upset and stressed about something like this and let these feeling bring me down and negatively affect my health. (I’m a perfectionist and I don’t like things not working out perfectly.)
Even though I felt gutted, annoyed and disappointed this evening, I have now managed to let these feelings go.
254 days to go
254 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
£238.68 to raise for Save the Children
If you have enjoyed reading this post, maybe you would like to sponsor The Pollyanna Plan (365 days to find 365 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful) by making a small donation to my chosen charity, Save the Children.
Save the Children works in 120 countries around the world, saving children’s lives, fighting for their rights and helping them fulfil their potential.
To find out more, please click on the tab below:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
© N. Lamy – The Pollyanna Plan – 2013 – All Rights Reserved.