No, don’t worry, this is not a blog post dedicated to a One Direction song. This post is about all the little things that, when put together, make up a great day!
Day 82, Reason 82: Today I am so very grateful for all these little things.
Here’s my list, in order of appearance throughout the day:
1. I woke up bright and early after a MUCH better night’s sleep. Hoorah!
2. The weather is just beautiful – clear skies, hot and sunny.
3. I received an email enquiry about a vintage item in my online shop that I’m selling for my Mum’s lovely friend, Mary. I’ve got my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to sell it for her and hopefully make her day.
4. I walked round to the post office in the warm sunshine to enquire about postal costs for said item. I had a little spring in my step and it was great to be out in the world, doing “normal things.”
5. I received something unexpected in the post – something I’ve been waiting for, for a long time.
6. I felt well enough to do a “photo shoot” with my Mum taking photos and me “modelling” some more items I’m preparing to list in my online shop. Normally, I cringe at having my photo taken, but today I was amazed to find that I quite enjoyed it.
Which leads me onto…
7. I’m really starting to look SO much better. A few people have mentioned over the past few weeks that I’m looking a lot better, but today I had to admit it myself. I’m no longer looking gaunt and deathly pale and actually have some colour and cheeks returning! YEY!!
8. I ate some goat’s cheese for lunch. I haven’t been able to eat any form of cheese for years and I really miss it. I’ve tried goat’s cheese in the past, but always thought it tasted like goat (if you’ve ever smelt a goat, you’ll know what I mean!) But, today I tried a salted variety and it was really rather nice. Fingers crossed, I won’t have any ill effects!
9. After my early start, I needed a rest after lunch and managed to have an hour of good quality sleep.
10. I’m really enjoying sitting here writing this blog. It makes me smile every day. 🙂
283 days to go
283 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
£258.68 to raise for Save the Children
If you have enjoyed reading this post, maybe you would like to sponsor The Pollyanna Plan (365 days to find 365 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful) by making a small donation to my chosen charity, Save the Children.
This short video shows some of the wonderful work done by Save the Children around the world in 2012.
Please take the the time to watch. It’s very uplifting!
Any donation, no matter how small, makes a big difference.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
© N. Lamy – The Pollyanna Plan – 2013- All Rights Reserved.