Well, I grudgingly have to admit that it probably was the gluten free flour in my Easter biscuit baking experiment that caused my food intolerance reaction. I can’t seem to tolerate any grains, apart from maybe corn (I’m thankful I can eat that at least.) I had another biscuit yesterday as a test and I’m paying for it today with a sorer throat than before, feeling feverish and exhausted. No fun!
However, I have taken heart in the improvement in my health I experienced last week. It’s great to know that I’m capable of feeling that good and if I did it once, I can definitely do it again – that’s my motto.
Today, I’ve been keeping my spirits up and encouraging myself to keep going by looking back over the goals and challenges I’ve set myself since the start of The Pollyanna Plan and assessing my progress. Recapping has also been useful, as it has highlighted areas I need to work on. I don’t mean by taking action necessarily, but by continuing to feel happy, grateful and positive and putting my intentions out into the Universe. I’m beginning to discover that things come to me much easier and with less effort that way, than when I’m trying too hard to find solutions or worrying about how I’m going to achieve something
Anyway, I’m rambling!
Day 68, Reason 68: Today I’m thrilled about how well I’ve done in getting closer to the goals I’ve set myself since the start of The Pollyanna Plan.
Here’s the list of goals/challenges, as they appear in this blog.
- Complete The Pollyanna Plan (365 days to find 365 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful) – Today is day 68. So far, so good!
- Join the gym to help improve my health, strength and fitness – the two obstacles standing in the way of this goal are the fact that I’m not well enough to go to the gym and also that I can’t afford it. However, as last week proved, my health really is improving and I’ve also had a few commissions for my handmade items in the last couple of weeks, so this goal is now within sight.
- List 3 items in my online shop per week – I started well with this, but have let it slide over the past few weeks, as I’ve been working on my handmade commissions. Must get back to it!
- Fundraising. My aim is to raise £365 for Save the Children by the end of the 365 days of The Pollyanna Plan – so far I’ve raised £93.18 from 2 extremely generous donations, which I’m delighted about. But I have to confess that these donations were from the only 2 people who know me personally and whom I’ve told that I’m writing this blog. (I haven’t told anyone else about The Pollyanna Plan.) So, my aim is to get my first donation from a stranger in the next few weeks. If you’d like to get the ball rolling, I’d be incredibly grateful, as would Save the Children. 🙂
- Start doing yoga – I have only missed 3 days of doing the 30 minute online yoga video since I started on 6th March. I’ve definitely been feeling the benefits, so I intend to keep going. I’m hoping to be able to do an hour long video in the near future.
- Start creative writing – Ah, this is the only goal I’ve failed to even begin. Still searching for inspiration.
- Reduce the dose of my thyroid medication – I can’t believe how well I’ve done with this. I’ve adapted really well to the reduced dose, which must mean my body is healing. Such an achievement.
- Learn how to meditate and incorporate it into my life – I signed up for the Oprah & Deepak 21 Day Meditation Challenge half way through, but still managed to complete all the meditations by doing 2 a day. I found it pretty hard, as my mind appears to be hyperactive and I admit to not having meditated for the past few days. Note to self – make time to go within.
So, there we have it. As I’ve been typing this post and reviewing my list, I’ve been feeling increasingly more positive, encouraged and motivated. If I can achieve all that in 68 days, imagine what I can achieve in the next 297! 🙂
297 days to go
297 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
£271.82 to raise for Save the Children
If you have enjoyed reading this post, maybe you would like to sponsor The Pollyanna Plan (365 days to find 365 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful) by making a small donation to my chosen charity, Save the Children.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
© N. Lamy – The Pollyanna Plan – 2013- All Rights Reserved.