Day 17 goes something like this:
– Went to bed last night feeling happy with all I had achieved.
– Woke up around 3am, shivering uncontrollably with a fever. Where the hell did that come from?
– Awake most of the night feeling awful.
– Low grade fever has persisted all day, leaving me feeling ill, achey and exhausted.
– Spent the day between bed and the sofa, feeling pretty miserable, fed up, sorry for myself, frustrated and tearful. In other words, the exact opposite of how I should be feeling for The Pollyanna Plan to work.
– Now wrapped up in a duvet on the sofa wearing pink pj’s and looking somewhat like a forlorn marshmallow typing this blog post, which I have to confess, I really, really didn’t want to write today.
But in spite of all the not so great stuff, I have the best reason of all to feel glad/happy/joyful today.
Day 17, Reason 17: I am so very thankful that I have such an amazing, kind, loving and supportive Mum, who is always there for me.
She is the best and I don’t know what I’d do without her. She supports me in every way possible, always helping me to look on the bright side of life and cheers me up on days like today, when I’m feeling down.
I’m not going to go into all the details of how wonderful my Mum is, as she will just get embarrassed and shy, plus there are far too many things to put into one blog post. All I’m going to say is thank you Mum for everything. You always make me smile! 🙂
348 days to go
348 reasons to feel glad/happy/joyful to find
© N. Lamy – The Pollyanna Plan – 2013 – All Rights Reserved.